Wednesday 11 January 2017

Center EHE0200361 RF Room Thermostat

To look at, the Center EHE0200361 RF is an almost identical twin to the Center [Wolseley] EHE0200373. The only difference appears to be the brand name. This unit is wireless, operating on the very common 868MHz Radio Frequency. Just like the Salus RT500RF, It's a good, easy to use thermostat for central heating / boiler control. This unit is battery operated and has a low battery notification, so you will be alerted (by the battery icon on the screen) when the batteries need replacing. Needless to say, make sure you're you have some spare battery's handy. Better still, buy some rechargeable's (at your own risk). I say this because some thermostat brands do not recommend using them. But, some customers report using them with no issues what so ever.

The EHE0200361 RF features a Blue LCD screen which shows temperature read out, low battery notification, day and burner activated. It has 7 day programming with up to four changes each day. Other convenient functions on the front of the unit are buttons such as Auto, Manual, and Off. If you have already bought this model, are having problems, and want to watch a quick walk through video that shows some of the basic ways to set-up and program this thermostat check out the video below. 

EHE0200361 User Guide / Quick Walkthrough




If you're looking to buy this exact model, you can find it for sale here. [Alternative EHE0200373]


This model also has a "Copy" mode where you can basically just press copy to easily replicate the pre-programmed settings that you have already made for other days. So, if you want to set the same temperatures and / or on - off at the same time for numerous days, just input the details once then press copy for as many days as you want those same settings to be used. Job done.

Center EHE0200361 RF Problems?

There is also a spanner icon that can show up on the screen if an error has taken place. This can be fixed by taking the batteries out, and then putting them back in. If this fails to rectify the error you may need to seek professional advice. Seeing a red light on the relay unit? The wireless signal between the two units may have been broken due to the devices being too far apart.

Nothing happens at all.. The thermostat is dead..This problem is usually down to a battery / contact issue. Take a look at the battery compartment to see if there is any obvious defects. If not replace the batteries and make sure they are touching the contact on both sides (plus and minus). No good? Get some new batteries. Still not working: You may have to call out a professional to get it sorted out.

Price wise, it's middle of the road. There are so many digital thermostats that are RF controlled, offered by so many different brands, that the EHE0200361 has some serious competition on its hands at this price point and lower. But it can hold its own and makes a good purchase if you're looking to control a basic system.

Advertisement

21 Comments:

At 18 September 2017 at 04:52 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have one of these programmers but would like to know if I can do the following...as an example...programme set to come on at 6am , go off at 8am...but I get up at 5am and need heat...is there a way to override the timed programme so I can press a button so that I can manually put the heating on at 5am and know it will go off automatically at 8am as per the pre programmed time ??...its doing my head in !

 
At 18 September 2017 at 09:45 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there. If my memory serves me correct, there is a way to do this. Pretty sure you can just programme two timers for the same day / morning. So, the first one comes on at 5am and goes off at say 5:50. Then the second comes on at 6am and goes off at 8am.

You could always just extend the time if you can't be bothered to search through the settings any longer, so it comes on a 5am and goes off at 8am. Best bet is to look through the manual if you haven't already. See the link below.

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/989435/Center-Ehe0200361-Rf.html

 
At 6 October 2017 at 09:33 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I bought a Centre EHE0200361 7 day programmer to replace a 20 year old Danfoss TP5 5/2 day programmer and fitted it to my new boiler. This thermostat was exactly what I wanted but I have to say I was not happy with it because it was cycling my new boiler far too often, like every ten minutes for no reason. It was firing the boiler when the ambient room temperature was higher than the target temperature which is not right. I did improve its performance by adjusting the parameters but it still fired the boiler many times when the room was at the required temperature through solar heat which is a waste of money and taking life out of the boiler. Another issue was I had the target temp set at 19'c from 0900 to 1600hrs and as it was a warm sunny day I manually reduced the target temp to 12'c at 1200hrs but I noticed at 1330hrs the heating came on as it overruled my manual command and there it was blasting gas up the chimney for no real reason when I told it not to, the room was 19.5'c and the preset temp was 19'c and it was still firing the boiler. I took it back and got it exchanged thinking it was faulty but low and behold the second is exactly the same as the first. This stat does keep the house warm and if your not critical like me you won't notice it's shortcomings but it does waste a lot of gas by doing its own thing instead of doing what you want it to do. I've reconnected my 20 year old Danfoss TP5 5/2 day and it works 100% as I requested, my gas bill will be lower and my boiler will last a lot longer. I wouldn't recommend you buy this stat or the Honeywell CM707 as it's exactly the same but if you do keep the gas engineers number handy, cause you might need him to repair your boiler

 
At 6 October 2017 at 10:14 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I bought a Centre EHE0200361 7 day programmer to replace a 20 year old Danfoss TP5 5/2 day programmer and fitted it to my new boiler. This thermostat was exactly what I wanted but I have to say I was not happy with it because it was cycling my new boiler far too often, like every ten minutes for no reason.

It was firing the boiler when the ambient room temperature was higher than the target temperature which is not right. I did improve its performance by adjusting the parameters but it still fired the boiler many times when the room was at the required temperature through solar heat which is a waste of money and taking life out of the boiler.

Another issue was I had the target temp set at 19'c from 0900 to 1600hrs and as it was a warm sunny day I manually reduced the target temp to 12'c at 1200hrs but I noticed at 1330hrs the heating came on as it overruled my manual command and there it was blasting gas up the chimney for no real reason when I told it not to, the room was 19.5'c and the preset temp was 19'c and it was still firing the boiler.

I took it back and got it exchanged thinking it was faulty but low and behold the second is exactly the same as the first. This stat does keep the house warm and if your not critical like me you won't notice it's shortcomings but it does waste a lot of gas by doing its own thing instead of doing what you want it to do.

I've reconnected my 20 year old Danfoss TP5 5/2 day and it works 100% as I requested, my gas bill will be lower and my boiler will last a lot longer. I wouldn't recommend you buy this stat or the Honeywell CM707 as it's exactly the same but if you do keep the gas engineers number handy, cause you might need him to repair your boiler.

 
At 15 December 2017 at 12:56 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am having the same trouble as the first comment. If I just want to advance the heating, I want it to turn off again at the preset time. It is so inconvenient and I want a different controller. Does anyone know any other compatible controllers?

 
At 25 May 2018 at 08:55 , Anonymous Dave W. said...

Hi. I have just inherited one of these controllers in a house I have bought to rent out. I have put 3 sets of good quality batteries in it so far, and none of them has lasted longer than 3 weeks! The unit seems to work fine, and the internal light goes out, so I can't imagine what is draining the batteries. Any thoughts? Cheers.

 
At 28 September 2018 at 07:03 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

My ok Button does not work so cant programme anything any advice please

 
At 16 March 2019 at 20:19 , Blogger Unknown said...

Is this thermostat compatible with Alexa?

 
At 20 July 2019 at 14:31 , Blogger Unknown said...

Hello. The fire symbol does not come on when I press the Manuel button?

 
At 11 November 2019 at 05:02 , Blogger Unknown said...

I also have a problem.I set the heating on 6 and off at 10 am , start it again at 7 pm and off at 2 am but it seems the heating keep being on all the time.
Any suggestion?

 
At 15 January 2020 at 14:32 , Anonymous aqa said...

Anyone know where theres a center rf340017 tutorial or manual. Cant find it anywhere online.

 
At 24 October 2020 at 13:20 , Blogger Unknown said...

My boiler does what it likes too. I might as well not bother setting any temperature at all. Driving me nuts.

 
At 25 October 2020 at 10:40 , Blogger Unknown said...

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.directheatingsupplies.co.uk/pdfs/Basic%2520Wireless%2520Thermostat%2520Guide.pdf&ved=2ahUKEwiW0pLnntDsAhXDaRUIHdwyAgkQFjAAegQIEhAB&usg=AOvVaw2F1wr9JFBYRcQhi9CQnZVZ&cshid=1603647662917

 
At 31 October 2020 at 06:43 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've programmed my thermostat to come on at 8am till 11am then 1600 to 2000 and the panel indicates Off but when I press automatic it goes on immediately instead of at the correct time. What am I doing wrong.

 
At 3 November 2020 at 05:36 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Check your override / boost settings.

 
At 6 November 2020 at 09:26 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi - the green light on mine keeps going off. there's no red light or green light and the heating goes off. I can't find this combination of problem online.

 
At 7 November 2020 at 06:15 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like a pairing problem.

 
At 5 February 2021 at 03:29 , Blogger Unknown said...

i am trying to replace a faulty Honeywell CM907 with this Center product. The wiring on the CM907 is to A and B terminals only to switch a valve. Would this be the same on the Center as when i try the relay box does not light up?
The CM907 does not have a relay box so how is an almost identical twin to the center?

 
At 5 February 2021 at 05:56 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

They are almost identical in terms of features. Furthermore, this article is talking about the CM707, not the 907.


If you are having problems replacing your your Center EHE0200361, may I suggest sending the product back and purchasing the Center EHE0200373.

That should be a much easier swap.

Hope you get it sorted.

Thanks.

 
At 8 March 2021 at 00:49 , Blogger Unknown said...

My center remote control keeps asking for the date to be set, 4 times a day sometimes, so the heating wont come on until you set it.

 
At 12 March 2021 at 11:22 , Anonymous John Richards said...

Hello, I have a Center Program thermostat - works fine except ..... I set the temperature for a comfortable 18 degrees, press save - but the thermostat just reverts to 21 degrees, I have to constantly check, otherwise the house would be far too warm. How can you set the temperature without having to check - it should stay at the temperature you save.
Thank you

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Advertisement